Equipment Questions????

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
A couple of questions

I have a 29g bowfront with the center cross brace and would like to add a m/h light to it but most have the light centered and this would be blocked by this center brace.....is this brace instrumental or can I remove it? suggestions?

also, I run 2 koralia 4's on my 75g and I want to create a wave action. I know these pumps don't work well on wavemakers as I found out, they are noisy and I don't trust them not to eat a fish or two......so I am thinking of new water movement options unless I can figure out how to alter the output from these in an alternating way *I know the mfg was going to come out with a controller???? anyone heard this?

Tunze nano-streams, are they operable on controllers? expensive I know but may be worth the extra$$ if I can use them on a wavemaker?

Maxijets......good on controllers, but flow, I think I would need 4 1200 in my 75 and they use 20w each.....? can the mj mods be used with controllers, I have heard yes and no? then I could get away with only 2??? anyone running these with experience?

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
You could probably cut it off and replace it with a clear acrylic one. I've seen people do this.
I believe the only controller that works well with the koralia is the tunze? I forget... i know its one that doesn't cut off all the power to the power head.
I don't see why a Modded Maxi jet wouldn't work on a controller but i might be wrong.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
has anyone tried the korallia's on a wavemaker....I know you aren't supposed to.....I have heard of using a seio wavemaker anyone try this?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Thanks Kahluazz......

Well I think I may order a seio controller and try it....on the Korallia 4's. The other option would be to add a couple of maxijets on a wavemaker to compliment the 4's though there is already plenty of flow, I just want to make it more intermittent and random

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Well currently I am running two 4's on my 75 and if anything it may be too much flow and with a controller I can power them up or down alternating.....I was almost going to give up and go with maxijets mods on wavemakers. The cost would be about the same as buying a seio controller....