Erm help please?

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
=D my dad bought me a used 30 gal tank with stand an hour ago.

I got free gravel,under gravel filter,lights*which don't work at the moment* and pump for the filter,Heater,and plug in cord also i bought fish safe silicon for any leaks that may pop up.

All rounded off to about 95 dollars only thing that was free was the gravel.

>_> so far i've set the tank up,pump works,lights don't,heater is wonderful,plug in cord is good,filter haven't checked yet,haven't checked for leaks yet and gotta keep rinseing the gravel.

Any ideas on what i should put in this tank,such as diffrent filter,fish,decorations and plants?

Also when sugesting fish,remeber that the inhabitents of my 10 gal in my sig will be moving in the 30 gal also about 2 gallons are divided off of my 30 gal for my one betta in my sig located in my 5 gallon tank.

Also how much W/C should i start on my 30 gal ?since it won't be cycled,i'm gonna be ending up putting the gravel,decorations and filter from my ten gal to help it cycle faster so any help/advice and/or ideas are needed.

'-JIN-'

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2006
Penang,Malaysia
if you are considering a big HOB filter for your 30g tank,it would be better if you reconsider to have a canister filter for such a big tank.Canister filter work much better but it will cost u double or triple HOB filter.

Under gravel filters are a pain when it come to maintaining them,I would get 2 hob filters or a canister ASAP.If your setting up your tank before you get a different filter you're going to have a hard time getting the ugf out with out completely tearing up the tank.You would have a hard time keeping live plants in there.