Erm help?

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
ok i was thinking of takeing out a few decorations and replaceing them this coming month, i was wondering should i do it the same time as a water change in case some stuff under the gravel gets sturred up?

and also when should i do a 75% water change on my ten gallon? i've been doing 25-50% changes every 2 weeks and also i've been trying my best to clean the gravel with a turkey baster but it kinda hard to dig into it without almost sucking up a baby guppy :\.

advice please?

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
Take out the decorations whenever you want, but try not to do them all at once because there is good bacteria colonizing on them.

I don't think you need a 75% change. you'll be fine with 20-30% a week or 50% every 2 weeks should be fine as well I guess. Why do you want to do a 75% change?

Edit: Oh and what he said ^

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
i can't get a gravel vac, i only have enough money for a small decoration and a few more live plants,i got a big N.O to getting a job so i'm kinda haveing my fish survive on my allowance which is about 25.00 a month which i save about 3 dollars back from every month for birthday gifts/x mas gifts.

also i want to do a 75% change is to look for someone who's recently disapeared ;_; and to throughly clean the gravel.

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
i don't save much for my self,only a few dollars back from each allowance to buy gifts and such for my family the rest goes into my pets which are better then any matriel item and if i end up buying something for my self i make sure i'm going to use it, like color penceils,markers and such for the growing artist i am.

oh and should i buy a castle*5.00* to replace my suken ship , drift wood*8.00* or just bunch of live plants *handful of java moss 1.00* for my ten gal?

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
how many handfuls do you think i would need?

i already have a nice ammount growing in my ten gal, but more never hurts right?

also should i repalce my sunken ship or just keep it in their and try buying something else for my 5 gal?

i was going to go for drift wood,or one castle of the two castles at my lps for my ten gal so my betta cole who lives in my 5 gal can have somewhere better to hide in then what he has already.

and would drift wood take a while to get soaked?

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
we'll i was really wanting to move my sunken ship from my ten gal but i want to replace it because allot of little fish love to hide in their inculding my betta, cole my other betta who ate half his tail, silly fish who's in the 5 gal tank has shown stress bars from time to time so i think he may need a really nice place to hide to feel more protected and safe and the sunken ship is the perfect size for his tank and for him.

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
just thought i'd say i went to wal-mart today and my dad actully bought me some supplies, sadly the gravel vacs were sold out ;_;, i ended up buying a net,some hikara's how ever you spell it betta food and another type of betta food,i found this neat little decorration that was really cheap so i bought it i also got a bubble makeing skelly dude with his Rum o_O my dad said he'd go good with a pirate theme in one of my tanks i also bought a net for catching and removeing fish from my tank and before you ask how i did it before i always cupped my fish, tomarrow i'm going to the lps to get some java moss >.> and on a side note my dad can't give me much allowance this month ;_; only about 3 dollars.