Ever hear of an 80 gallon high tank??

Mar 23, 2005
I have a fishtank that is taller than a 55gallon but has the same dimmensions of 48" wide and 13" deep. It is over 30" high and thus considered an 80 gallon high according to the guy I bought it from 3 years ago. Problem is this----I want to but a wood stand with canopy but Im afraid to place it on a 55gallon rated wood stand just incase it cant support the weight. I cant find anyone that sells a stand for the 80 gallon high in wood.

Any help would be appreciated. I want to get rid of the metal stand I have now.

Charles

foty89

Medium Fish
Mar 1, 2005
Binghamton, New York
I had similar issues when dealing with a 110 gallon that has the same footprint as a 75 and 90 gallon.

I can recommend to site to you:
Twin Oaks Glass Cages

Dayton Aquarium Stand Company

Both make quality stands, Glass Cages also make glass and acrylic aquariums. I have found both to be helpful in answering questions like this and both can customize their products.

I do find however that Glass Cages is more responsive and much quicker to get back to you than Dayton is. Also, Dayton just raised their prices a lot, like nearly double, for no apparent reason.

foty89

Medium Fish
Mar 1, 2005
Binghamton, New York
I also thought that I would mention that if you are marginally handy with your hands, you can make a passable stand yourself for that size tank. Check the DIY section of this site and others and you will find simple plans to get you started.

foty89

Medium Fish
Mar 1, 2005
Binghamton, New York
furniture2004 said:
If the tank isn't a center piece to a room or something I would definitely make the stand myself. It would save you sooo much money versus having someone design and build one for you.
Actually, the Glass Cages ones are made to standard footprint sizes and are reasonably priced. They come assembled and unfinished so that you can match them to your furniture. Shipping is not cheap as they are fully assembled, but if you can go to one of their dropoff points, it is not bad at all. I know their stand would carry the weight with no problem, as would a Dayton stand.