evn tho my tanks been doing crappy....

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i decided to make a trade since my tank has been lacking sps since 90% of what i had before died when the power was out for 2 days while i was on vacation back in sept. *celebrate i traded some GSP, some old pc's, and lunar lights i had lyinng around in exchange for : green cap, pink mille, ORA miami orchid, ORA yellow fuzzy acro, yellow undata, rainbow zoos and a few other things that arnt coming to mind ATM.... everything is still acclimating so yea youll have to wait till tommorow on pics :p now i just need to get my skimmer back running and order a few new bulbs for my MH's and ill be set! oh yea i also picked up some mrs wages so ill be setting up a kalk drip aswell

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ok i didnt get pics but i did manage to spend the day giving my tank the TLC it needed and deserved! i started out by doing a little aquascaping followed by a nice 30g water change, i scraped all the coraline off the front glass, reconfigured my ATO so i can now use kalk for my topoffs, and luckily i was able to get the pump for my skimmer running tho i think its on its way out (sux cause its a $250 pump!) i also glued most of my new frags in place and the only thing left is to get some new bulbs but i think ima borrow a few bulbs from a fellow reefer till i get mine in a few weeks.... im going out of town to orlando tommorow for work n ill be gone for few days so it looks like pics are guna have to wait :p

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
alright sry it took so long but ive been really busy with work and everything but here are some pics i took tonite...as alway please excuse the crappy camera :p ill start with the pics of the new frags followed by a few FTS's and stuff ;) ENJOY!!!

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
in the full tank shots youll notice some of the rocks arnt covered in coraline and this is becuase i recently re-aquascape my rocks but within a few months you wont be able to tell the differance ;) the tank isnt what it was a few months back but it is on the right track! this week i finally got my new bulbs (xm 10k) and suprisingly they give off a nice color! im also getting some 14k hamiltons for free from a friend in a few days so ill see which i like better! also im guna be adding a few modded maxijet 1200's this next week to get my flow up around 50X turnover :p so all in all im confident in the direction the tank is headed :D

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
got an early bday present today! (my bday is on thanksgiving) its a small squamosa clam :D itll prolly be a few days before i get a pic of that..... friday ima prolly pick up another new frag or 2 when i go to a friends house and theres another guy whos giving me a tyree sunset monti frag aswell but its like an hour drive on that one so not sure when ill pick it up :p

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Tre, things are definitely as bad as I had imagined.....things look very viable and you are off to a great restart.....good luck and don't give up, you've got a great set up going....