Exploding heaters

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
Hey has anyone ever had their heater explode and break the glass in their tank, i just had it happen in my 10 gallon, it caught on fire and nearly burned my house down, i was able to save my other tanks though, just curious if this had ever happened also just watch out it doesnt happen to you
Brahm

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
i have never had it happen personaly but i know people it has happend to.what brand?where was it in the tank?the cheaper the heater the more likely it is going to stick in the "on" positon or blow up.i have had a lot of crappy heaters.now i buy via aqua titanium heaters,they use an external temp.control,so the heater has no seals to fail from tuning the knob to adjust the temp.i hope your house and fish are ok.

Jan 15, 2004
Visit site
Was the water level lower that the little light thing because one time i was doing a water change on my 10 gallon and didnt know how far i was going and once it got lower than the light it exploded(didnt catch on fire though)

Jan 15, 2004
Visit site
Was the water level lower that the little light thing because one time i was doing a water change on my 10 gallon and didnt know how far i was going and once it got lower than the light it exploded(didnt catch on fire though)