False Per additions...one at a time or all at once?

MatthewLaw

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2008
PA
Greetings All- I just added my first fish (green chromis) to my tank and he/she seems happy!

assuming everything is going well in a week or so, I would like to add a pair of False Percs.

Do I need to add them at the same time or can I add one next week and another the following?

I know about NOT mixing clownfish species but what about mixing the same species at different times?

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
It should be OK to add them at separate times, as long as you get juveniles and the second one you add is smaller than the first one.

I added mine as a pair (two juveniles, one smaller than the other). They weren't a "pair" when I bought them, but formed one while they were in quarantine.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i added true percs one at a time... the bigger one was in there first and when i added the second the one that was already in beat up the smaller one for a few weeks before finally pairing up *crazysmil if u dont mind fraid fins for a little while than add them one at a time otherwise wait and add the both at the same time ....thats what ima do next time, i really want a trio of true percs so what i plan on doing is catching the ones that are in there now and seperating them so when i get the third one i can realse them all at once *thumbsups

MatthewLaw

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2008
PA
thanks for the honest response, tre! based on everyone's responses, I think i may just wait and get a pair of false percs at the same time...

on a separate note, have you had any issues with your koralia 3 and 4 (saw it on your profile)? I have two koralia 2s in my 30g and am very pleased! hope your wife and children are doing well!!

any new progress pictures of the big 300?????

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
only issue ive had with the koralias was the shaft broke on one of them but i contacted hydor and they sent me a new one for free... i guess at first it was made outa ceramic but with all the problems with it breaking they now use a stainless steel shaft.... unfortunatly the 300g is for sale since i cant really afford to invest any more money into it with the twins on the way! it sux but thats life..... the wife is doing alright other than the fact she's on bedrest for the final 3 moths of the pregnancy which means only 1 income which definitly blows!

MatthewLaw

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2008
PA
hey Tre- my Koralia 2s both have stainles steel shafts so it looks like Hydor switched all models to steel.

sorry to hear about the 300g. how is teh 125g coming along?

(in fear of premature labor) my mom was on bedrest with my sister for almost half the pregnancy. i was 4 at the time and my mom made me stuffed animals and did needlepoint to pass the time....

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
wish i could say the 125 was doing great but... i went to NC like a month ago and came back to 90% of my sps dead! only got lights over half the tank right now cause i got a bulb burned out and now i think my $250 dollar pump might be broken so te skimmer isnt running ATM... needless to say im not too happy with the tank right now :/ dont get me wrong i still have alot of nice corals/fish but its not what it was 2 months ago and the worst part of all with the wife not working i have absolutly no money to spend on the tank so its not looking good :( only good thing is its my birthday on thanksgiving so even tho im grown im hoping to get a card or 2 with some cash in it to rescue my tank lol

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
well there isnt anything wrong with my water its just the tank went without power for a few days and in that time all the harder to keep corals didnt make it

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
actually i just discovered this a few days ago and ive been working crazy hours so havnt had a chance to mess with it but im hoping its something stupid!

Jun 29, 2008
PA
hmmm I have only been in FW for about 4 continue months and I have just started in saltwater but have noticied that when it rains, it pours!!

I had issues with a filter in my FW tank and then a few days later, the heater went out!!! I woke up one morning and the tank temp was 68 degs so that caused a 'minor' emergency!! thankfully (knock on wood!!) everyone is okay!!