Fat tummy?!?!?!

I did a search today on "Dropsy" (he's not pineconing... yet), did the pea innards (how the heck do you "feed" your Betta this?!?!?!) thing in case it is constipation, and will be changing out the water in a few minutes. My heat is still up when I was treating for "velvet" and was going to put that down to a normal level today.

I noticed today besides the swelling of the tummy area, he's got a line of coloration now from his eye to the back of his tail. He also doesn't seem as vibrant (though is that to be expected as the light had been off all week).

I fed him the pea by placing it in a net and allowing the pieces to dissolve into the water. He chased pieces though so I think he like them a lot. :D

Could I be missing something here? Should I continue to treat with the Malachite Green meds?

EDIT: He's now acting lethargic too. :(

Last edited:
Ok, this is weird. I just got back from talking to the fish store about the issues and the line is gone and he seems to be swimming about all happy like.

Still looks bloated though. :(

They said I have been doing everything right and tested my water. They said it was hard (same water I have been using all along) and all my levels are good with the nitrites the only one being off with a .05 reading (up from last week). They used the strips.

I did get some different medication both made my Mardel. I got Maracyn-Two tablets (for Dropsy) and Maracide Concentrate (Ich, Velevt...). I'm going to watch him a little bit more today and if he is acting strange then I'm going to start treatment.