favorite betta/gourami

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
hmm...picking your favorite fish is like picking your favorite child...

i would have to go with my male blue, keeper of the peace, protector of the weak, defender of all that is good and just. He's the most peaceful fish in my tank and he has broken up a lot of fights just by his mere presence.

I would describe his temperament as that of a retired former heavyweight champion of the world. he's still very intimidating, but in all reality he couldn't hurt a fry.

He used to be real active and playful, and he had the most beautiful coloring, but with age, the energy and colors have both faded.

I got him at my trusted LFS, and he's 2 years old, which is about 50-60 in gourami years.

i like all my fish though, each has it's own quirks.

Balance

Large Fish
Jul 16, 2003
Aurora, IL
www.myspace.com
I just LOVE my Betta(Bruiser)! his body is white, his tale/fins range from lite-blue to dark red. and he has this cute orange freckly splotch on his forehead.

he likes to defend the smaller tetra in the tank by flaring his blood red gils at the larger Tetra!

Plus he and my Emerald Cory (Dozer) like to sleep together in their cave!

Jun 28, 2003
UK
Visit site
My favourite fish has to be the blue betta i had a few years ago in the old tank, his name was Fred. I'm scared to get another betta incase it doesn't live up to the memory of the legendary Fred. Truly one in a million.

Tynabop

Small Fish
Jul 31, 2003
Santa Barbara
www.free-music-1.net
I have 2 dwarf gouramis' and 1 blue, 1 gold gourami. My favorite is one of the dwarf gourami's we call Willow. He's sweet and usually happy and lives in his SpongeBob SquarePants Pinapple. He only comes out for food, because lately the other dwarf "Migosh" has been picking on him pretty bad, so he just hangs out in the "house" and peeks at me through one of the windows :) The blue one "Puck" is the tank perv who loves nothing more than to "reach out and touch someone" with this feeler thingys, whether they like it or not, LOL. Anyway Willow is my favorite, because he's so sweet.