favorite coral

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
All you reefers out there (or fantasy reefers) tell me your favorite coral. I am looking into a few more options for my tank. If you have seen the pics it is somewhat steril from a color standpoint...mostly earthtones. I may go with a Xenia of some kind (love the pure white ones), and definitely a few exotic button polyps (think neon) but what I really want is something blue! I know I can get blue mushrooms but i would prefer to not go that way as I do not find them as interesting as many other corals, though I must say the beauty of some Ricordias is tempting...lol. Recomendations for hard or soft will be aok as I will have to evaluate on an individual basis how they fit my paramaters :)

also am looking into sponges but i am not sure i want to jump into that world quite yet...

current list of interest:

candy cane coral
elegance coral
pipe organ coral
any of the tree corals

KB

Sep 12, 2003
Springfield, MO
I know this is about corals. But some of the other inverts are cool. I have seen blue clams not the shell but the mantle is blue. If you want a splash of red you can get some flame scallops they are usually cheap. I love the inverts. Have you thought about getting some colorful shrimp. I am very fond of camel shrimp.

Have fun picking.