Feeding a Rubber Lip Pleco

kll1221

Large Fish
Mar 2, 2005
Michigan
any tips on keeping him fed? He looks hungry and I put algae wafers in the tank but the cories eat those up. I try to put them right near him too.

Thanks

oh and why do people always put the * where the e is in pleco?

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
It is an old internet superstition. It was believed that if you spelled the name out completely you would kill the fish. Fact of the matter was that people posting on the net about them was and still is mostly asking for advice, and back when the whole * thing started people knew very little about them thus it normally ended in a bad way for the fish regardless of spelling the name out or not.

Feed him algae tabs after lights out, also you can geed him blanched cucumber (very little food value) zucchini, potato. Chances are as he becomes more accustomed to life in your tank he will eat flake with the rest of the crew when you feed.

Is his tummy sunken in?

jobeak

Medium Fish
Mar 13, 2006
Sligo, Ireland
I feed mine slices Zucchini (Corgette) lightly cooked. He only eats the middle of it so you will have to remove any left overs when he's finished. Mine was the same when I got him, but after I started feeding him zucchini, he started going around the bottom of the tank eating the left over flakes as well.:)

tessalion

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2006
PA
wow..thats a random superstition, then again i suppose most are. it just amazes me how if one looks hard enough they can find or create superstitions in just about anything

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco, pleco

If you can't tell I don't play into silly superstitions.

tessalion

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2006
PA
*twirlysmi I thought about doing that Pure...then i decided against it because i dont have or plan on having plecos anytime soon and thus wouldnt be proving anything other than showing just how much time i have on my hands to waste...:p