feeding frozen bloodworm to discus

ch0g

Medium Fish
Dec 15, 2004
melbourne, australia
Visit site
hey all,

please pardon my ignorance, but is it perfectly safe to feed my discus frozen bloodworm? they all seem to love it more than any other food i feed them. someone at my lfs said it has exoskeltons in it and the fish will have problems digesting the worms.

any comments would be appreciated. thanks *celebrate

ch0g

Medium Fish
Dec 15, 2004
melbourne, australia
Visit site
grouse. thanks.

what else do you feed them? i got a 20cm blue diamond the other day and the guy who sold it to me recommended dry food. think these fish were on roids or somrthing... he is a tank and only 8 months old lol

i tried feeding them all the food he suggested, but they seem very fussy and wouldnt eat even after 3 days of only feeding them this dry stuff. i have given in and just feeding bloodworms and beefheart now.

anything else u could suggest?

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Thats a 7"+ fish! NICE!

I feed my discus a diet of Frozen bloodworms, color bits, and tropical flakes/cichlid flakes. I use color bits and bloodworms more than the flakes. Mine usually will ignore most flakes and only take the colorbits and bloodworms. I sometimes feed beefheart, but not nearly as much as the other foods.

If you have want to, CBWs (Cali Black Worms) are a great live food that discus love.

Watch that beefheart, it can turn water NASTY if the uneaten stuff is left in the tank for long.

ch0g

Medium Fish
Dec 15, 2004
melbourne, australia
Visit site
do you have any idea why i have these little worms floating around in my water

i have found 2 of them in the last day or so. i have not done a water change for a little while. are these parasites or what? they are pretty small and thread like. only about half to an inch long.

???