Feeding Help

Jazzman

Medium Fish
Jul 14, 2003
Houston, Texas
Visit site
I recently added a bala shark to my 10 gallon tank with my male betta (LOUIE), chinese algae eater and a dwarf frog.....Louie is just fine with the shark, but the c.a.e. is always chasing the poor shark (maybe it thinks its another c.a.e.).......anyways my dilemma is that when i feed the shark its tropical flakes, Louie eats some of it and then spits a lil bit of it out and the poor shark barely gets anything to eat. How can i get Louie to stop eating the sharks food. Also, when i put in the algae wafer for the c.a.e, Louie pecks at that too. LOL
I feed louie betta those lil bitty betta flakes and dried bloodworms.

jd_energy

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2003
Washington State
Visit site
I have a ten gallon tank and it has 1 bala shark, 4 tiger barbs, 2 corydoras, 2 clown loaches, and a rafael. All of them seem to get along just fine. I will be getting a bigger tank (29 gallon) for them as soon as I get more room.

Angelfish

Superstar Fish
Apr 14, 2003
Valencia, California.
Balas can get to almost 14" and like to be with other bala sharks, this causing them to need at least a 100 gal. tank. Even if you wanted to keep just one it would still get too big for a 29 gal.

JD Im afraid to tell you that your tank is over stocked :( Eventually the bala will get to be almost as long as the tank and those clown loaches will get rather large. It would be best if you took them back to the LFS for store credit =)