Feeding Options??

lil_shez

Medium Fish
Jul 3, 2005
Australia
30 gallon tank:::::
i have angelfish , neon tetras , sucking catfish and silver sharks.
At the moment i am just feeding them tropical flakes they all seem to like it but i want to mix up their diet a bit
any suggestions on wat else to feed them??

Last edited:
frozen blood worms, freeze dried blood worms, tubifex worms, algae wafers for the catfish. neon tetras dont need any special stuff and will mostly eat anything from algae wafers to blood worms, the angel and the sharks like more protien in there diet so you could feed them some worms, i've found that my angel's favorite is blood worms and dont really like eating freeze dried tubifex worms.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Not sure...but I fixed it :) If you dont want to spend the money on live food...you can buy cubed/frozen food at most LFS's. Bloodworms, brine shrimp etc. Your bottom feeders might appreciate some veggies like a cucumber slice. Mine will eat freeze dried food sometimes...but they'd much rather have frozen.

lil_shez

Medium Fish
Jul 3, 2005
Australia
the thread name is Feeding options?
i changed the thread name but it wouldnt change in the forum

Not a big deal really anyway ...i included all the information in my post!

hazee

Medium Fish
Jun 29, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Someone from my LFS told me that except for my cory's it's not good for my other fish to eat the bloodworms that i'm throwing in for my dwarf frogs. Seems a shame if it's true cause my other fish love the blood worms.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I feed my fish the Tropical Flakes, Bloodworms, Brine Shrimp, Sinking Wafers (every other day for the bottom feeders) and once a week I throw in an Algea Wafer. I alternate what I feed (ex. every 4 days they get flakes). Pretty soon they will also be getting Platy Fry. A varied diet is good.

Nov 13, 2004
Visit site
for my bottom crew i feed them shrimp pellets, and algae waffers. sometimes they get bloodworms

for my tetras i feed them that expensive food...i forgot the name but it comes in a cool bottle...

what about brine shrimp? would that work for us?

live brine shrimp is a good choice for small (tetras, danios, guppys) or baby fish because they can see the shrimp usualy the bigger fish can't see them as well so they dont eat them. What i do is i feed flakes in every single meal once in the morning and once at night and every morning i always throw one algae wafer into the tank after i finish feeding the flakes. During the night i feed them half flakes and half blood worms (frozen or freeze dried), shrimp (freeze dried), or freeze dried brine shrimp (rarely feed anymore cause it makes the water dirty). And on every 3 to 4 days i would defrost some frozen blood worms to feed both tanks :)

Nov 13, 2004
Visit site
sometimes i think the fish are dumb, they wont like it till they try it....not dumb in a demeaning way...just a bit slow (i love fish hehe)

i remember before my betta just looked at the worm, for like 5 minutes, ate it then finally loved it...haha it cracks me up