Feeding Question

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I purchased a coral beauty about a week or so ago. He was a return to the lfs from someone breaking down his tank and had been with his previous owner for about 6 - 9 months. He is nice and fat but I have never actually seen him eat anything. I have tried everything in my food arsenal....mysis, brine,silversides,formula 1 and 2 flake, cyclopeeze.........and have a seaweed clip with red or green in it.......I see him picking at the rockwork but that is it. He is a model citizen.....so far.......

My tang is having fits with no spinach. He much prefers baby spinach over seaweed select......go figure..... oh well I did see him picking at the seaweed yesterday

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
so are you looking for something to feed him? I think that all of the options you listed are viable, but if your tank is doing well, he might be able to get everything he needs from grazing, I wouldn't worry too much, if he is still not eating in a month then that might be cause for worry.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Thanks! I assume that if he were hungry he would eat some of the things I have tried. Then if that wasn't appealing you would think he would graze either my xenia or my clams.....

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
So far he hasn't even been interested in them. I have a 6 inch crocea and a 4 inch derasa......and 2 hawaiian feather dusters....hasn't even cruised them.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I tihnk it was a month before my bicolor touched anything floating - this isn't at all unusual for Centropyge.
Xenia, zoanthids can definitely be on the menu for angels large and small.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
So far I only see him picking at the rock in a cave where the peppermints hang out. There is a bit of algae on the back wall that I let go for the tang to nibble at so maybe he is getting enough.