feeding ?

hyeone

Small Fish
Mar 15, 2005
this question is just out of curiosity, how many times a day would you feed the amount of fish i have?
(i use flakes)

-20 silver mollies(4-5 months old)
-2 guppies

i check my amonia, nitrate, etc. levels and everything is fine, no over feeding. i just want to get an input from others.

Apr 7, 2005
NE Ohio
I feed my fish twice a day - Before I leave for work, and when I get home - Everything is still running just fine. With that said, you could feed them 2 times daily and they'll be fine. Other people even take a day out of the week where they don't feed their fish at all. I haven't experienced that, however 2 times a day seems to be a good amount.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I feed once a day and generally skip at least one day a week completely. The younger livebearers should probably be fed more often...so 2x a day isn't going to hurt anything, as long as you're not overfeeding like you mentioned.

revfred

Superstar Fish
Jun 21, 2003
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Used feeding rings at one time. Not much of a fan of them now. They are good for feeding worms with the worm insert. That's about the only time I use them. I feed the fish once a day. The fry tanks at least 2x/day. I skip feeding them on Sunday's, keeping the lights off as well. I do feed the fry 7days per week.