female betta ?

MissK

Small Fish
Jun 13, 2006
Alabama
how well do female bettas work with a community tank? i have a 75 gallon with swordtails, mollies, and guppies.

Thanks

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
WOW did anyone read that she has FANCY GUPPIES in there? im sure that it will be OK, but i had a female betta who totally tore up my guppies because of their tails, so id be careful if i were u!!

MissK

Small Fish
Jun 13, 2006
Alabama
so...my best bet would be to try, but keep an eye on them, first sign of trouble....a back up tank close by would be good.

Thanks everyone...if you have anymore suggestions or advice, please share it with me

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
I've had female bettas with fancy guppies before, no problems. You must have had a trouble-maker betta. But, you should always watch to make sure they get along at first.

LOL my female betta does the same but the minute I put her in my community tank she just about tore the place up! She attacked anything that moved! Be very careful adding just one female betta... I think they do are more peaceful if there is a few females together so they can establish a ranking. Good luck!

MissK

Small Fish
Jun 13, 2006
Alabama
well...i went to the store to find a female...and came back with Rocko....another male betta. :D

oh and he is in his own tank...not the community tank