female betta's

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
How big a tank?

Generally I would say yes unless you have a freakishly aggressive female, since with 5 it would spread out the aggression so no one female is always picked on. I've repeatedly had poor luck with multiple female bettas in tanks 10g and under, but in my 37g they are absolutely fine with 2 and they were when I had 3 in there too.

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
I kept six females in a 26 gallon tank and they got along great for the most part. One of them was extremely aggressive and quickly became the 'alpha' female, but once they established the ranks they were fine.

Sep 2, 2005
North East Philly
yahoofishkeeper said:
i have 4 in a 12. they were a litle nippy at first then they just stopped. they arent generally nippy, but you gotta watch them. mine bite. whenever i am re-arranging i have to watch out, because, believe me, you dont want to get bit by a betta. you ever hear them crunch those pelets?

LOL When I see them chew you can't help but hear JAWS theme playing:p

A 30 gallon would give the gals plenty of room to get away from one another and provided you give them lots of caves and logs to hide in. Just take extra caution for the first week or so to be sure you don't see any cat fights.