Few questions

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
It's been awhile since I had tanks set up so I thought I would have u guys refresh my memory lol!! Do monticaps require alot of light? Originally there was supposed to be mh with the setup I'm getting but the guy decided to keep it.. So I'm going with 4 t5's. It's a regular ballast so not overdriving the bulbs, I do have slr tho to help.. Also any suggestions on flow? Im gonna have about 900gph return and was thinking about 2 hydor either #3 or 4.. Picked up my skimmer the other day, just waiting until the 9th for the tank and rest of equipment ( except power heads ).. Think that's all for now lol , thanks in advance

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
It's a 75 , I saw a bunch of incrusting (sp) for sale at the frag swap comming up.. My buddie has a tank I can throw em in till my tank is ready.. Gonna get a pair of black clowns too

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
I would aim more towards a 6 bulb T5... Is it a retro? If you have no choice but the 4 bulb than try and keep the SPS towards the top
What skimmer did you get? A few Koralia's should work fine

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
So I'm building a wall for my tank to sit in right? I would build 2 walls and put the yank in-between or should I just do 1 wall and be able to see everything from the backside? I was going to make cabinet doors to access the tank.. I'm not sure on what to do now.. It's not comming with a stand , that's part of the reason I was gonna do 2 walls... help!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
I like the idea of having a behind the scenes area, So I say 1 wall.... That gives room for all the water changes, skimmer, frag tank, Sump, ect...
If you want to see the tank from both sides I wouldnt do it "in wall"