fighting

GUPPYMAN

Small Fish
Jan 11, 2005
Visit site
i was just wondering how injured bettas get when they are fighting as some one sudgested that we have sort of cock fights with them, i thought this was really cruel, but the guy assured me that one will eventually back away and that would be the loser, and that they won't get terrible injured, is this true?

ttmnky

Large Fish
Jan 16, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Well, the colour of your offspring depend on the colour of the parents. IF you breed blue and red, I'm guessing that you'll end up with blue fish with red finnage or some sort of mixture like that. (actually looks pretty nice)

However, you may also end up with some other colours like green white, because the parents might be carrying a gene of a different colour.

That's my guess anyways...

Blue and Red looks very nice. All about preference, though.

fishdude07

Superstar Fish
Mar 30, 2004
Michigan
www.freewebs.com
a blue parent mixed with a red parent wont necessarily give you purple offspring...that would only happen if incomplete dominance occured. if you mix a red betta with a blue betta, the offspring will probably have the same colors or close to the same colors as one of the parents...the parent carrying the dominant color trait...i think...

Last edited:

Phooka

Large Fish
Aug 22, 2004
Baltimore
www.livejournal.com
Are you planning on breeding bettas you got at a fishstore? Because they probably carry so many different genes there's really no way of predicting what they'll look like. If you buy a pair of bettas from a breeder, that have been bred for certain traits (such as blue bodies with red fins) you'll have more success getting that trait in the spawn.

GUPPYMAN

Small Fish
Jan 11, 2005
Visit site
ohh ok, i think ill try the ones from the fishstore first as i don't want to spend heaps if i can't breed them so im going to try and do it with cheap fish first then if i am successfull ill try with more refined and expensive fish.