filefish

Sep 13, 2003
london
Visit site
i bought a emrald filefish today from my lfs.ive never seen these fish before so i had a chat to the man in the shop about the fish, found out if they compatable with the fish i have, how big they get. what they eat, ect.but i was just wondering if anyone else have or had these fish and if you have anymore info on them.

Attachments

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
im pretty sure he knew it was a SW fish ;)

i dont know a lot about filefish, but i think in general they are only agressive with other filefish...think they stay pretty small, under 6in maybe?

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
They can be kept with other filefish and most other fish for that matter. The problem is 99.999% die in less then a week. Reason being is they only eat the polyps of SPS corals. This means they have to be kept in a coral tank, or fed corals bi weekly. Sorry to break the bad news.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
This fish is doomed to die. This is an incredibly sad post to read. I can't believe people actually buy things without researching first.
Where did you actually buy this? I didn't think anyone still imported them to the UK as they are so well known as impossible to keep unles you have plenty of sps to feed it. What did the man in the shop tell you?