Filter died

FishLuvr

Large Fish
Jun 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa
while checking my tanks i noticed that the filter on my 20 gallon is not working, the motor is running i can feel it vibrating but it seems its not pulling in water. i took the whole thing apart, and blasted it with water even the impellar and still no go.

I don;t know exactly how long ago it stopped working but i would say at least no longer than 15 hours.

What i need to know is as its 9:30 pm here and no LFS are open, what should i do until i can get to a Open store tomorrow say around 10 am, thats another 12.5 hours of non filter action. Should i take all my inhabitants of the 20 and put them in the 30 (both tanks in my sig) or should i just leave it as it is until i can get the new filter. i still have the media sitting in the water in the filter so it doesnt dry out, but anything else i dont know

FishLuvr

Large Fish
Jun 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa
yeah i think that walmart fish store is a local thing, i have never seen aquaria in any walmart near me

I just threw in an air stone. that i had laying around and had never used, hopefully that will keep the water oxygenated enough untill tomorrow

I'm sure it'll be fine.

Fish have survived worse. ;)

Besides, it's common knowledge that these types of things will always happen after all the stores close. :D

As for your walmart...I'm surprised. There's no pet section at all? You may want to check it out next time you're in there, just in case. They should have SOME aquaria supplies, even if they don't have fish.

FishLuvr

Large Fish
Jun 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa
thanks, im gonna try calling them. I did have the power go out for two days before but that was on my 30 gallon, the 20 gallon is relatively new, and i just added 10 more neons on wednesday so im worried that they are still setteling in.