Filter in 7gallon for Betta

well I had my betta in a 2.5 mini bow and I wanted something bigger for him and got a 7gallon mini bow. It came with a filter (whisper tetra power filter for 5-15gallon). I'm afraid to try the filter with the betta though.
I had the filter in while cycling but took it out today. Would that current be too strong for a betta?

This is the filer it came with http://www.tetra-fish.com/catalog/product.aspx?id=574

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
he should be fine with the filter running, is there a flow rate control on that filter?if you are worried about him getting sucked into the intake just cover it with some pantyhose or a small peice of filter sponge and he will be just fine, the current might aggitate him at first but he will adjust rathr quickly and tend to just avoid the filter all together, or if hes like mine he will play in the current.

zoo minsi

Large Fish
Jan 8, 2005
michigan
Visit site
when i moved my betta into his 3 gal hex with filter the current seemed to be a bit much for him but after a day or 2 hes happy as can be and doent even notice it, i think you should be fine just running the filter as is.

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
hehehe so he turned out to be like mine, Satch loves to "play" in the current and he has a HUGE buble nest near it too! just wait till yours builds a bubble nest its so funny to watch because they are so particular about it! would love to se some pictures of you betta in his new home