Final stocking

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
I've been looking around the internet, and found out that saltwaterfish.com has free shipping when you order enough, and low prices to boot.

I was thinking, in addition to the stuff in my signature, of adding the following (tank is a well established 45g tall, with live rock and live sand):
1 percula clown
2 neon gobies
10 dwarf hermits
5 or 10 snails depending on type (probably 5 nassarius snails)
1 camelback or peppermint shrimp (or one of each)

and either (so I'm spending enough for free shipping):
1 more percula clown (so there's a pair), or
1 goby of some sort: tiger goby, yellow watchman, or blue speckled sleeper goby
Would a third neon goby be okay also?

Are there any problems with these additions that anyone can see? Serious overstocking, compatibility issues, etc. I know that the neon gobies will get along with a bottomdwelling goby like those and with the fire goby that I've already got, and I think the fire goby should get along with a bottomdwelling goby.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
way too many fish in a 45, your going to regret it and end up having a daily battle with algae and all sorts of other stuff, along with massive water changes. I would add at most 2 more fish to you set up...just my opinion but I know I like life to be easy, and I think yours will be if you dont overstock. to get free shipping maybe order some corals?

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
I don't have enough light for algae, let alone corals. I count the 2 neon gobies as one fish, they were in my original plan. Them and the clownfish are pretty definite. I'm $20 short without the extra fish... I think that I'd actually do better just getting stuff from a store around here then. No point in overstocking or buying extra stuff just to save shipping, if I can get what I want and not spend any/much more than what I'd spend on the extra stuff I don't really need/want.

Thanks.

Last edited:

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
its not the other stuff which would cause the overstocking, it is the fish. that 45 is pretty darn full as it is; i would add nothing more than either the 2 gobies or the 2 clowns, not both

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
I meant a single clownfish, not the two. A single clown and 2 gobies shouldn't be too much-2 gobies can't possibly create as much waste as a second clown.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I can see that, but you said you wanted to add the clown + 2 gobies + maybe somthing else. So everyone is saying either no something else OR just 2 clowns , no gobies. But not all

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Yeah, I can see that I worded that funny in the second post, and I was considering it in the first. Just a clown and a pair of gobies should be okay, and that'll be it for my fish stocking. And the prices that I was interested in, the neon gobies and the shrimp, are the cheapest I've seen them. There is also a $10 packaging fee that they hide in there further...