finally got another family member into the hobby!

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
yesterday my mom WANTED to go to about the reef! she usualy procrastinates on driving me down there, but she wanted to go! and she was in shock at what they were selling there! little baby sea horses. now she wants a SW tank. so this meens another tank for me yay! i told her we might not be able to set up a sea horse tank and she was fine with it. she wants to by a nanocube, i think the 6 gallon. if it had a little sun light showing into it would that be a problem? she also cleans alot(OCD) would she be able to clean around a nanocube since it is a closed of tank?

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
She can clean around it, but of course you want to let her know what happens if she sprays too close and anything gets into the water. Let her know the safest way to clean around the tank is to make sure anything sprayed is sprayed onto the rag and then put on the surface so there isn't really airborne particles of it hangin around.

Definitely can't get seahorses into a 6gal.

A little sun may be ok...but it'd probably be best to block the sun with something if you can (ie cardboard on that side of the tank if its a side or back).

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
There was a whole article about dwarf sea horses in Tropical Fish Hobbyist last month or the month before... it said that they did best in tanks around 5g, anything over 10g and it was too hard to feed them without polluting the water. 6g would be too small for non-dwarf sea horses though, and they are really hard to take care of.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
ive already explained the sea horse problem, she said in the next house(may move back to california) she wants a sea horse tank built inot a wall. maybe i could talk her into a clownfish or a small goby, she just seems fasinated by the look of the nanocubes.