Finally got the big one 90 gallon perfecto tank

ctdragonpr

Medium Fish
Apr 12, 2006
Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico
its really cool got everything on sale for 750 bucks tank, stand, top cover with twin lights it look great can wait to fill it up and get it running
need some sugestions on what kind of filtration equipment i will be needing for this big one herea a pic on my signature

shwnicus

Large Fish
Feb 22, 2006
Kirkwood, MO
since you put in saltware area but did not specify, I'll assume you are thinking of fowlr or reef tank.

Live rock. lots and lots of liver rock. then, oh 4 or 5 powerheads. let cycle for 2-3 weeks.

TLM4x4

Large Fish
Jul 21, 2005
southern oregon coast
A cannister AND a hang on the back filter would be the best set up IMO...that is what I have on my 125 gal. I have the Rena XP3 plus the HOB and the two of them together work very well...thats GREAT I know how exciting it is to get a nice big tank like that....YEAH!!!!! Good Luck and Happy fishkeeping!!! ohhhhhh oops I just realized this IS the the saltwater section sowwy lol see, I got too excited!!

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Hey! No wonder it was cheap. It was stolen outa my house.

LOL j/k it is the same exact tank I have tho. Nice find! Geez I don't even wanna think about how much $ the live rock to fill that thing is gonna set ya back. :eek:

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
IF you are doing LR, then a canister filter and hang on are not necessary, and I would even say bad. For FOWLR your lighting system would be fine...If you want a reef you will need metal halides...also get a protien skimmer, a good one maybe a turboflotor or aqua-c, and a few good sized powerheads, I recommend the Seios

ctdragonpr

Medium Fish
Apr 12, 2006
Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico
what is better ill be having more fish than any other thing maybe a couple of anemones and some cleanner shrimp and a star or two maybe a couple of easy corals to maintain nothing fancy except the fish some moshrooms or grass type corals let me know wich is better a refugium with a skimmer or a wet dry filter with skimmer

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
sump/refugium with a skimmer is better, you wont be keeping any anenomes in that tank, or corals for that matter with that light...you would need to upgrade to Metal Halides...anenomes are extremely difficult and require pristine water quality.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
I hope it works, however, you should be aware that very few protien skimmers are acurately rated, most likely it would be more apropriate on a tank half that size, and if you are doing mostly fish a good protien skimmer is your best investment next to lots of liverock.