Firefish Compatibility

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Alright, everyone seems to have different opinions about whether firefish are compatible with each other.

Can you add another firefish into tank with an established firefish, without a little war occuring? If so, will they pair up, or just co-exist? Has anyone actually done this, or is it just theoretical?

Also, my firefish became very, very skittish a while ago and now constantly hides... about a month and a half now. No changes in tankmates, except for the loss of a wrasse a while ago (jumper). He hides in his little hidey hole all day, and now won't even come out for food. I had thought he was dead, but I finally saw him yesterday. He has gotten quite skinny... I've been trying to target feed his little rock hole so he can eat without coming out. He's at least 5 years old, I'm not sure how much older than that he is. I've been told that he might be being bullied by his tankmates (pygmy angel, royal gramma, percula clown and neon goby). I've also been told that adding another firefish might help him regain some confidence and come out again. So, is that true, that it would help him or at least not bother him? Or would adding another firefish to the tank with mine all weak and skinny and skittish mean that the new firefish would bully him? Or, any other suggestions/ideas?

Edit: I forgot, would the type of firefish matter (normal/purple)?

Last edited: