First Female Betta!

Took me about a year to find a female Betta but finally . . . I walked into the LFS and there she was. . .the last one on the shelf!

She is a silvery/bronzy color with a black stripe going through her. Her top fin is clear with what looks to be black dots, and her bottom fins are a translucent rosey pink. Hence her name Rosey.

I wanted to ask if my 5.5 would be suitable as a nursery should I try to breed her with one of my boys.

And if so, I wanted to get your guys' opinion on who should be the lucky father hehe. . .
all of my boys are currently healthy and in their prime.

Stitch - Dark Blue with Red tints
Kane - Dark Red with Purple tints
Saffron - Yellow with Green/Blue tints

I most inclinde to try to breed her with Saffron as he is the rarest of the bunch and hopefully I'd get a few fry to carry on the yellow gene. However Kane is the most beautiful out of the bunch, and Stitch is older than the rest but is the most mild tempered.

What do you guys think?

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
A 5.5 would work fine for breeding. Not sure who you should breed her with, but just keep in mind that sometimes they choose for you. They don't always like their chosen mate.

I set up the 5.5 right next to the 10 gal where Rosie is currently staying. I turned the 5.5 into a divided tank and tried putting Stitch and Kane in it. The 5.5 is litteraly right next toe the 10 and Stitch didn't seem too interested in Rosie but as soon as I switched Kane to the side of the tank close to the 10 I woke up from a nap and Kane had already started to make a bubble nest!!!!

So I think Kane might be the best candidate! I'm gonna switch Stitch to the 10 gal and stick Rosie in the divided tank and see how long it takes to get them acclimated before I try putting them in together. See if Kane makes a bigger nest when she is closer to him.