First timer Aquarium owner

Pelon1

New Fish
Dec 22, 2012
Got a 50 gallon aquarium, put 5 plants in and after 3 days with Quickstart added 6 Australian Rainbows. Got the Marineland C-220 Cannister filter, couple of heaters, and a plant light bulb along with the regular bulb that came in one of the 24" hoods. All is going well. Just keep getting bubbles coming out of the filter every 3-5 minutes, guess I will try some o-ring lube.

Sep 19, 2012
Clearwater, Fl
1. did you cycle tank?
2. 6 fish at one time is never ideal.
3. if you haven't cycled you are going to have some major problems soon.
4. bubble shount be much of an issue.
5. Do you know what the cycle is?
6. If you haven't cycled i would suggest finding a temporary home for your fish.
7. If you have to keep fish in there then i would read up on a fish-in cycle and even before that do a water change.

achase

Large Fish
Feb 1, 2010
British Columbia, Canada
Congratulations! I wish I had a 50 gallon but unfortunately I have limited space. :)

Personally, I never trust products like Quick Start because they usually advertise more and do less. I would double check your water parameters and make sure everything is safe for the fish.
That will be the best way to test the effectiveness of Quick Start. If you tank is brand new and you haven't cycled it I would recommend doing an emergency cycle.

If you are not familiar with cycling then I would suggestion reading one or more of the following links.
These are some of my favorite links and I found them very helpful when I was starting up my tanks.
- Nitrogen Cycle
- Fishless Cycle
- Emergency Cycle

What do you mean by bubbles coming from your filter? Could you explain a little more?