fish and bass

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
im thinking about puttin a 75 gallon tank in my DJ room. i already have a 10g FW and the music doesnt seem to bother them. How will SW fish react to the music?Speaker will probably only be like 3ft away from tank. FWI i have concrete floors...

Will this be to stressful on them, any experiences

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
Voltage can enter our aquariums by several means, one of the most common is induction. Induction is the process by which an electric current, an electric charge, or a magnetism is produced by the proximity of an electric or magnetic field (EMF).

Speakers emits EMF.

The ground probe is just basically a safety that eliminates stray voltage because it's grounded in an electric plug

Last edited:

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
how big is your magnet behind your speaker ? I just realise that i do have some 30W ( output ) PLB speakers next to my tank..almost 3' away like yours and have no probs.
But since you said "D.J. Room" usually it's big and nasty speakers...so considering that a couple of "not grounded" powerheads, skimmers, halides can emits stray voltage and can bother some fishies then it might be possible that your speakers will do some damage.

Jan 15, 2004
Visit site
Ive had my tank next to speakers for years now. it doesnt seem to effect anything at all. ive actually had a subwoofer with like 15 lbs worth of magnets in it 10 ft. from the tank for years also. my tanks have always been fine with it. and most normal speakers are EMF blocking because it can mess with tvs and other things like that. i would say iots ok, but if there is any other place it could go i would advise you to put it there instead