fish bowl filter

Nov 5, 2009
CT
i just rigged up a 3i Whisper Filter to run in the bowl. took some brain power because the suction cups wouldnt stick to the round bowl. i'm very proud of myself. haha

Nov 5, 2009
CT

Hey maybe you could put something to cover up the top like those betta vases have plants.... to make it look nicer... :/
i dont really care about looks for this bowl. this is just a temporary setup. pretty soon i'm moving the 5 gallon fish into the 10 gallon and moving the goldfish to the 5 gallon. the filter is just i dont have be doing water changes every 5 minutes

Oct 29, 2010
Bacteria'd be in there whether a filter was or not... Hmm. Perhaps the filter just keeps the water moving, which stirs up junk that is otherwise hidden in the substrate. Better that way though, so you know it's there to fix the problem :)

skjl47

Large Fish
Nov 13, 2010
Northeastern Tennessee.
Hello; Not sure if the cloudy water is normal, but it may well be. I have had new setups go cloudy for a few days many times. It seems that there is a bacterial bloom with some new setups. Perhaps with an older set up, the new filter system is stirring up the sediments in the bowl and causing a temporary bacterial bloom. If it is a bloom, the cloudy water should begin to clear soon.