Fish color preference

prsturm

Large Fish
Aug 13, 2010
So it appears that my dwarf gourami doesn't like the yellow flakes. That's funny to me. He watches it go by and only goes after the green or red or orange ones. I agree with him. Yellow is a terrible color.

Real question: What constitutes aggressive fish behavior? My flagfish just follows my gourami around. She doesn't nip at his fins or anything. She just tags along. Then she takes a break. Regardless of the flagfish, my gourami swims his routine. I can't tell if he is being badgered or if the female flagfish just likes to have company. She doesn't move or chase him around. Just tries to hang out with him.

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Aggression is usually considered nipping, chasing (in a mean way, not just following), and fighting. If the flagfish is just following the gourami around, it likely means she just wants some protection from him. My bristlenose pleco follows my SA bumblebee catfish around and it annoys the heck out of him. My two female bettas in the 55gal pal around all the time and the cory joins them sometimes (even though they move off rather quickly when he comes around...apparently he annoys them too).