Fish Coloring Chnage

Oct 18, 2006
Oceanside California
i had regular neon tetras before in my 10 gallon. They did fine but all of a sudden they started going see thru color at night time, i though perhaps they were sleeping, then in morning they would be nice blue and red colors again. This went on for about a week then they got these white spots which i thought was ich but LFS told me it was neon tetra disease. I asked how to cure they said feed them better. I feed them well, that was not the problem. But there is no cure for neon tetra disease from what i have read. I would QT them if you could to observe them for a few days and see if they have any symptoms of neon tetra disease or fungal diseases.

CA_Peg

Small Fish
Sep 25, 2006
Kind of a hokie fix, but until you can get a new heater - leave the light on and/or add another light at the side of the tank to keep the water from cooling off at night. I think my heater is going caputz too...Good luck.

Peggy

homebunnyj

Superstar Fish
Jul 13, 2005
Western NC
If you have a heating pad, maybe you could lean it up against one end of the tank at night to warm it at least a little. The fish would probably hang out in whatever area felt the most comfortable to them. I rather doubt it would put out enough heat to overheat a ten gallon tank, but of course you'd want to watch it at first. Just a thought.