Fish Option

Nov 8, 2005
PA
Ok i have a 30-40 gallon hexagon tank. I have 2 percula clowns and a peppermint shrimp. What are my option i want a bigger than clown Bright colored fish i was wondeting if a biocolor angle fish would work or any nice looking angles would work. i am younger so im kinda looking for something nice and inexpensive.

thanks
caleb

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Any of the dwarf angels should work.

Another option is a fairy wrasse. These have nice color but they can get kind of expensive. Also very active, peaceful, hardy.

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
do you know the dimensions of the tank off hand? I would think that a hex would be alot higher with less lateral swimming room, which may not be all too good for a dwarf angels especially with two clowns, but thats just my opinion

Nov 8, 2005
PA
tank

Yes the tank is much higher than it is wide. They have a biocolor angel fish at the store near me its young its so tempting but there very expensive at the store near me a damsel is 15.99 for 1 so i might just go to Seahorse (its a awasome store they have a huge tank with nurse sharks its near the P.A. Turnpike) I will look into coral beauty wayne

Last edited:

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
In a high tank a dwarf angel is not a good choice, except one ofthe 'dwarf dwarfs' like argi, acanthops, flavicaudala. They need to much swimming room