fish personality

sapphire

Medium Fish
Aug 3, 2005
mississippi
I have the tank going now with 11 platies....they are all so fun to watch. This is my first and I am amazed at the personality differences. One of the dominos is kind of an pest to the others it seems. He goes around from one thing to another, very active, like that person at work you like in small doses! :D The three wagtails seem to swim mostly together (they are female) and one of the dominos spends lots of time hiding......maybe the male domino is pestering her too much! The blue platy is seemingly just normal acting, going here and there and I haven't determined the sex on it yet. All of the pineapple platies seem to swim together alot too.......they are all female and one appears pregnant! How long will it take for her to birth the babies?
Do you all see different personalities in your fish that are the same type?

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Livebearers can have babies as soon as every 20-30 days!

There are always fish that have different personalities of the same types :) The most distinct ones are the ones like bettas or other fish that have such different personalities that some you can keep with other fish and some you cant.

ashleigh

Superstar Fish
Jan 8, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
Bettas definitely. I only have one right now- but I have kept dozens over the years and they are all totally different. I think though the fish I have kept with the biggest personalities were my white cheeked gobies. Freaking adorable. The puffer is a very close second.

SANND

Large Fish
Jul 20, 2005
Washington, DC
My bettas and clown loaches seem to have the most personality in my tanks and are fun to just sit and watch. I do have one big fat female danio that chases everybody else if they come near her. "This is MY water...get out!" lol

Cutlass

Large Fish
May 16, 2003
Galloway, OH
Visit site
Clown Loaches have huge personalities, and each one of them is distinct. My Otos are pretty goofy too. And even the Firemouth I have swims around knowing that he rules the tank, even to the point of rearranging my plants and uprooting a few that aren’t planted where he wants them to be. A couple of my plants have lead weights on at the bottom because of him.