Fish shipping to Nova Scotia?

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. which is bad enough (when trying to get things shipped). In addition to that, the LFS around here are dramatically overpriced, for example a single clownfish is 40+ dollars. I bought my convicts for 15+, i've shopped around but there's just not much of a market.

Does anyone know of any good suppliers or dealer or whatever you call them, that will ship to Nova Scotia. If so, have you had any experience with them?

Lastly, how in the world do you ship a fish...has anyone done it, sounds very lucrative. Are the fish generally alright?

revfred

Superstar Fish
Jun 21, 2003
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I don't know anything about SW aquariums, but your post intrigued me. A good source for fish can be found in local aquarium societies. I believe there is an umbrella organization called the Canadian Association of Aquarium Clubs (CAOAC). Local clubs often have fish, plant, live rock, etc., auctions at a good price.

Mail order fisheries usually do a good job of shipping and often will "insure" live arrival. Some will only ship certain ways during winter months ... will cost more since they won't use slower shipping methods that might be OK during the milder temperatures.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
ive had fish shipped to me...they bag em up with some chemicals to slow respiration and metabolism and overnight them in insulated boxes...generally isn't a problem with it at all

as far as who to get fish from, you and kahluazz should talk, he is up in canada as well so he might know some people who will ship

btw, $40 US for a clownfish isn't that bad...i reckon thats about $50 US if thats canadian dollars of which you speak, which still isn't too overpriced

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Andy, i'm sure they'll ship over here too... hopefully.

I guess i just thought that was a lot in comparison to the internet prices, even plus shipping it's cheaper for me via internet.

who's kahluazz, kahluazz if you're reading this...show yourself.

jasonh

Medium Fish
Oct 9, 2004
CaNaDa
www.freewebs.com
same prob here dustin i live in Nova scotia also and the lfs store suck,
the sad thing is walmart has a larger selection and i also am looking to order fish online but i am looking for freshwater fish

Last edited: