Fishes...

Feb 10, 2006
What kind of fish stays relatively small, that schools...I'm going to pretty much just have a couple kinds of tangs, clowns, and a few others...but i want a small school as well...ty *twirlysmi

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
grrrrrrrrrrr members of damnsel family.......killed one of my clowns. Took me forever to catch them and take them back to the lfs..... maybe if you added them last rather than at the beginning they wouldn't be too bad.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
In that size tank you would either want to just have a shoal of 10, 12 chromis and not much else, or, if you can get them, one of the smaller cardinals (NOT Banggaiis!!!). In little tanks you do not get many shoaling options.
It seems smaller groups of chromis can be very hit and miss on whether they shoal or 'erode' each other.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
My Dartfish stick together. Im sure if I got more they would do the same. They are not darting all over the tank but there is a variety of colors to choose from and they are pretty docile. Ive never been a fan of Chromis.

Feb 10, 2006
my buddy is trying to talk me into letting him build a sump/skimmer system for me...he knows what hes doing, but id almost assune just buy one myself that i KNOW will work, any of you guys have experience building them, or info. on good brands to look for? thanks! *celebrate