Five Gallon Stocking?

jondub

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2006
Texas
I just set up a 5 gallon hexagonal due to the restrictions of my apartment, right now I am unable to get any bigger. When I move out I am goin to get a 30 gallon but I just wanted to get this to learn what I was doing. Anyway, any suggestions on what I could put in it. I was thinkin maybe a few tetras and a frog, but not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I know a 5 gal. is very small but do to my sketchy apartment they said no bigger. Thank you for your time.

jondub

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2006
Texas
I have decided to start with a Beta, would it be ok to add two dwarf frogs with it or will it mess with them? Also, I am planning on adding a school of either cardinal or neon tetras within a few weeks? What do you think?

S-kate

Large Fish
Oct 21, 2005
Ithaca, NY
Betta's and white clouds get together great. I had my betta in my 5 gallon with the white clouds for a few weeks while the 2.5 gallon was cycling (he was a gift from a friend) The more colorful tetra's might not work with a betta. I'm not sure.

Last edited:

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Depends on the betta, but usually white clouds and frogs are fine with them. Neons/cardinals are less likely to work, because the betta can mistake the colors for another male betta or just get annoyed with them. Try to pick out a more passive betta, as aggressive ones can't even go with snails (I have an aggressive one...).