Flakes don't sink

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Currently I feed my firefish a combo of flake and blood worms. The only thing is they will not go to the surface to get the food. They will eat it when it sinks. What type of food would be good for them that would also sink and not get blown all over the place by the powerheads?

amd

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2006
north carolina asheville area
i use frozen foods the sink when thawed. i use a combo of bloodworms, brine and mysid shrimp, they LOVE it and they really look like fire too, very good color enhancer than flake i think. i use Only frozen. to make it easyer i use pill containers that old ppl use to remember to take theyre pills, it is labeled mon- sun and is like a little 6 inch long white case with 7 little doors, so once a week i fill one up with prepared portions and then just get it from freezer plop it to a tiny little bowl i use with a bit of tank water , stick the case in the freezer, dump food, it takes 10 minutes a week to prep food this way for all my fishtanks, and then for the res of the week its just as simple as geting a drink

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
When feeding flake food I take a pinch between my fingers and swirl it in the water below the surface.......my clowns and gobies are always at my fingertips trying to eat it as I release it. I then feed frozen mysis, krill, silversides and homemade food every third day and only as much as they will eat....though they are always stealing food from the corals that I target feed and the anemone.

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
My firefish are starting to come out when theres food in the tank. My shrimp has been coming to the surface after the bloodworms, and I have been hand feeding him flake food, which is pretty cool I might add. My blenny goes all over the place. Yesterday he was sitting ontop of a powerhead just hanging out. Seems to have enough food in there for him, because he doesn't touch the sea veggies too much.

amd

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2006
north carolina asheville area
altho bloodworms arent treally there diet.. the LOVE EM. my tanks has 1 fire fish and a false perc. i feed about a half peasized chunk of bloodworms, a dime size chunk of brines, allthough they are like in an ice cube or whatever so theres not many to a chunk, and a sliver of mysid shrimp, for some reason when mysid thay they are not as small as they are frozen so be carefull.
but this is my tank so the amount you need will mroe than likely be way differnt