flamingo honey gourami??

EinNaws

Medium Fish
Mar 11, 2005
Boston,ma
i was just wondering if anyone has heard of a flamingo honey gourami. me and my girlfriend were at our lfs and saw some in a tank. they were really colorful, a light yellow faded into orange. i tryed to look up info on other websites but can't find anything (lfs could've gotten the name wrong too, though). and it doesn't have the same color as the honey gourami. any suggestions? :confused:

EinNaws

Medium Fish
Mar 11, 2005
Boston,ma
are they really called flamingo honey gourami's? if so, me and my girlfriend would like to know more about them; size, temperment, compatibility, ect. we have a 29G tank with 9 neon tetras and 3 kuhlii loaches. if you have any info, it would be greatly appreciated *twirlysmi

Igor The Cat

Superstar Fish
Jul 14, 2003
Seattle, Washington
im betting they are just a colour variation from most honey gouramis and will behave the same, they should be fine in your 29 but they prefer to be the only gourami of there type in there and also no bettas. they liek a normal tempature like 76-78 F they will max out at about 2.5 inches.

cheers

-Java

EinNaws

Medium Fish
Mar 11, 2005
Boston,ma
thanks for all your help. me and my girlfriend were just looking to add 1 or 2 more fish. maybe we'll just get 1 gourami, or do they do best when in a pair? thanks again for all your help and pictures. if we do get the gourami, we'll definately post pictures.