Flooded the Wash room today, again.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I make my top off water in 5 gallon bottles of empty bottle water bottles. Anyway, the last time I flooded the room I forgot about the the water and it over flowed the jug. So what I do now is put the empty bottle in my 32g water change Rubber maid can so even if I forget, it won't flood the room. But this time I pulled the hose from my RO unit out of the bottle and laid it in the small trash can I have sitting there so any extra water in the line will drain into that, works real good,*thumbsups as long as you don't forget to shut the water off. *laughingc Wouldn't have been so bad if I was the one who found it and I could have cleaned it up, but no, the wife had to find it.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
We've done that a few times in the garage. It also happened in the living room, which is why it's no longer in there.

What we usually do is use a kitchen timer to remind us to stop the water when the bucket is full. That works really well... as long as you remember to set the timer.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I use about 3g a day for top off and 20 to 25g a week water change. I have been trying to strech out that weekly water change to about 10 to 11 days lately hopeing the Z & Ps will do better. I could most likely go longer if I put a filter sock in the tank.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
wow 3g a day? that is one huge amount of water. In your case an in home r/o was the only option. I know in the summer I go through a good 1g a day in my 75 and .5g a day in my 30g. so my r/o was a blessing.