Flourite VS. Cory Cats

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
Would Flourite gravel be considered too sharp for cories? I dont want their barbels to be sliced off :(

Would it help if i make a hairgrass and moss carpet over the flourite, before adding the cories?

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
Regular gravel is a lot different than flourite man. flurite seems to have sharp edges around every clay piece. I'm a bit concerned.

Not a good algae cleaner cuz hes mostly a scavenger for dead animal and plant matter. He'll nip at algae wafers, but he would much rather like frozen bloodworms, and freezedried brine shrimps. Carnivorous catfish pellets might be eaten too. I know what they eat, im just asking how they will do in this gravel? will they injure their whiskers?

stoddern

Large Fish
Jul 26, 2009
Vermont
I have flourite in my tank and it does soften up alil over time some if it even goeas right back to normal claay but most of it gets to the point where during cleaning it just crumbles, I mixed mine with the normal coated gravel and all my fish and plants seem fine even my gouami both of whom will scavange around the bottom of the tank