Fluorescent question

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
Since my lighting sucks big time and i was too poor for a decent mh, i bought a glo-mat 2 x 40 watts. Now time to buy neons. I had to remove a life-glo 2 cause it sucked and only helped growing brown hair algae. ( phos probs and what the hell...th eprice for rowaphos is insane! )
Got 2 x 40 w marineglo "false actinics" :p and a Powerglo. I was looking to get a coralife 20,000 k. I have one free slot, so what should i mix with that ? Should i go with an aquaglo or another powerglo ? They both have a high temp spectrum. A 50/50 would be useless.
I read that if you decide to change the lighting, you should to it slowly...like put a bulb one day, wait for the fishes/corals to acclimate and then put the other one. Fact or paranoid thought ? ( Seems true )

My toadstool is growing fast...in 3 weeks he's 20 % bigger unless he wasn't fully opened. In any cases he's better than he was so i don't wanna mess with him when i change the lighting.

Yeah...bought a 9 $ 10 gallon that will be used as a sump. Finally.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I'm sorry that's totally confusing. I think you have 2 actinics and a powerglo? I'd get another 10000K or even a 6500. Nothing higher. Get some light that's useful rather than aesthetic