Fluval Submersible Filter

Oct 29, 2005
I use the Fluval 4 in my small turtle pond and it works great...keeps the water very clean...the only thing about using it in a tank is:

1) I think they look pretty ugly inside the tank. You know, with your gravel/substrate, deco, etc. and then this massive filter...so unless you can hide it, i wouldnt consdier it

2) Lack of ability to put in different media...there's basically room for 2 large pads to scoop up the crap, and 1 carbon media insert...There's no ability for bilogical media...

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
Nah, the second one isn't all that true, I upgraded mine, I have a pad at the bottom to catch the larger stuff, then carbon, then ceramic bio media and it's just the small Fluval 2 internal. I just used some extra media I had laying around, cut the pad to size, bagged up the ceramic media, threw in an aquaclear carbon bag and called it a day.

I hid mine behind a piece of driftwood, which works great since the flow from it goes right under the driftwood which has a cave my pleco likes to hide in, he seems to appreciate the extra current.