food i feed my fish

di0nysus

Large Fish
Sep 9, 2007
sunnyside of california
frozen: brine, mysis, bloodworms
the majority for the time i feed them frozen food i try to feed them some dry pellet/flake food but not ALL the fish will eat it.

so i guess my question is should i push converting my fish into dry food or is the mixture of frozen food healthy enough for them?

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
mysis is pretty good but id stay away from brine/blood worms.... frozen is fine, i feed frozen 90% of the time and i only recently started feeding flakes because im going away for my honey moon in a few months for like 4-5 days and id like to be able to hook up an automatic feeder.... what i usually feed is mysis, frozen cyclopeeze, nori, and for my corals "dt's photo plankton"...i usually rotate between everything
HTH

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I think a mixture of frozen is fine. You could also soak it in Selcon to add some amino acids, vitamins, etc. I also sometimes feed grated frozen squid, clams and shrimp, for a little variety.

I like to try to get the fish to eat dry food, just so I can leave them for a few days with an automatic feeder. I found the ones that don't eat pellets will eat freeze-dried mysis if they have to.