found a new baby in tank today :)

sapphire

Medium Fish
Aug 3, 2005
mississippi
I found a baby platy in the tank today....its hiding. I hope he/she makes it. The others are acting somewhat healthier since I am medicating the tank. Just hope it doesn't kill the little one, although the ick likely would. I can't catch it to put it elsewhere at the moment.....its to scared!

sapphire

Medium Fish
Aug 3, 2005
mississippi
I wish I could. I live in a rural area, no fish stores and the closest one is 45 minutes or so away. I will have to get a breeder. I love looking for it and watching it dart in and out hiding. Walmart doesn't have them here.

svetlana

Large Fish
Feb 16, 2005
Gaithersburg, MD
home.uchicago.edu
You just take clear plastic box deep and square (i have some laying around from candies and veggies and what not, tie wires to its sides and make hooks at the ends. Secure it inside of your tank hooking it on the front or side wall. For it to have water exchage with the main tank, make some holes on the sides - better than on the bottom. Hook the contraption on your tank's wall and it will be like compartment inside your tank with all the perks - filtration and temp exchange. Put buggers inside -they will be happy. Once they pick up some confifence and weight you can let them to swim with adults. If you have big loose java moss,they make it their headquaters.
It's realy very easy to home made it.

http://www.PetsMart.com, click Fish Tab, then click Clearance link on left side. They have the breeder net that hangs inside the tank for $2.25. I bought one when I only had one tank so I would have it just in case I ever needed to separate bully fish. If you take a copy of the page to your local PetsMart, they will match the price. Those clearance pages and FREE shipping pages are great places to buy online from almost all of the online sites.