Fresh water dip...

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
well here is the thing with FW dips, sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. As long as the ph and temp arecorrect you can actually leave them in for 4-10 minutes depending on the reaction of the fish. Not that this is recommended but one time at work i was dipping 2 tangs and forgot about them and left them in the FW for like 2 or 3 hours....and they were fine.

Apr 21, 2005
Houston Texas
Well i just did the dip and it lasted for 30 sec. and he went right on his side.So i put him back in the tank like superman and he looks like he is doing good.Im going to go buy some garlic gaurd when i get up.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
They don't work. Period. They do not pass scientific testing. Embedded ich resisted a 17 hour freshwater ich. Remember little white dots are only the ich causing 'scarring', the majority of the parasites sit somewhat deeper in the fish.

supahtim

Large Fish
Jun 30, 2003
Toronto
QT the fish and feed it garlic. try a hyposalinity treatment too.

i've heard powder blues and browns are pretty hard to keep because they are prone to getting ick and other diseases.

in your signature there's a link to a website... is that the tank you are keeping the tang in? if so, that might be why it has ick. i don't mean to be rude or anything. just suggesting that it might be the reason.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I think hypo is a good idea - tangs don't do well on a copper cure regime.

I would agree it'll be hassle keeping a tang in the cube tank for very long, and I would expect some 'fun' from the foxface

Chuck Nasty

Medium Fish
Apr 21, 2005
Houston Texas
Well the tang did not make it.Im not going to get anohter tang.I just want to find a fish that is real nice looking but does not eat all my coral.So its back to start.Im out like the tang was in the toilet..