frogspawn question

TwistedGA

Large Fish
May 24, 2008
Paducah, KY
I'm not really sure how these things body parts are described, so im not sure what the skeleton would be, I can only assume(and make an a** outta myself lol).

It's pretty much soft all over the bottom, seems like I remember reading about them usually being on branches like candycanes and easily fragged and glued.

Here's some pics of the bottom....

Attachments

TwistedGA

Large Fish
May 24, 2008
Paducah, KY
Yeah it was a break off in the tank. We got a good deal on it and have had it in our tank for about 3 weeks keeping it out of the flow, it seems healthy, it just gets caught in the current and moves around a lot.

I hate to see it die but atleast we know next time it needs to come with some type of hard skeleton on the bottom. Should we continue to keep trying to attach it to something and/or let it die in the tank or should we remove it and dispose of him? I'm not sure if these release any harmful toxins when the die or not..

Thanks again guys for all the quick responses!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Put it in as little flow as possible.... So under neath it ther isnt a part wer theres no flesh? IME when the polyps seperate from the skeleton it doesnt last 3 weeks so maybe its not that!

TwistedGA

Large Fish
May 24, 2008
Paducah, KY
Yeah there is a flesh part. The second pic shows it better. That is with the mouth down in my hand. But yeah, we have had it like 3 weeks in the tank. Just been keeping it out of the flow so it doesn't float around. Can it possibly attach to a rock on its own if I continue to keep it out of the flow and on some rubble?