Frogspawn?

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
I got a frogspawn and like a dummie i threw him in without checking parameters my salinity was way off and he went into shock oozing white stuff that was about 3 days ago. I immediatly lowered the salinity and he started coming around just barely putting out his little arms(?). But he was in kind of a high current area and wouldn't come out all the way, the coral booked saidthey could be in a stronger current, so i lowered him and put him in less current, its been 5 days and he hasnt opened all the way but hes trying. Do you think hes toast? Is putting him in less current going to allow him to come out easier? Any suggestions? I also target feed shrimp and he seemed to take it.....should i keep doing this?

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
i tought i killed mine 3-4 months ago..only one tentacle or 2 remaining...nothing else..except the bone. Bad buffer mix..ate a particle..ouch.
Now he has 10 tentacles. Surprising..very hardy. Mine was so close to death. Just wanted to tell you he can grow back..even if it looks toasted

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
yeah I acclimated him real good.....only i was acclimating him to water thats salinity was to high.Hes looking better today after getting him outta the current...thanks guys

lordroad

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
Shelby, NC
www.joshday.com
How big is your specimen, jammerz?

I thought about frogspawn for my nano, and then I read up on it. I believe they extend stingers up to six inches... and that's a lot of real estate in a ten gallon.

Is there a special way to place stinging-out corals in a larger tank? Do you guys just keep a foot of space away from everything else?

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
yah i just try to keep stuff away from each other if i know there will be bio-warfare. generally, euphyllia will kill other stonys in the vicinity but leave a lot of softies alone...softies, however, can cause problem for euphyllia and other sps. its a balancing act. as far as frogspawn in a nano it is actually one of the LPS that doesnt generally extend long sweeper tentacles (unlike bubble coral for example) so you might be ok with a small specimen...if it grow to many heads you can always seperate a couple