Frozen Blood Worms

angelmom

Large Fish
Dec 19, 2005
Vernon, CT
I did a search but didn't see this in there at all. Is it ok to give fish blood worms that are freezer burned and how do I prevent freezer burn?

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
I don't see why it wouldn't be ok. They may loose some of the nutritious stuff, but I don't think it would harm the fish.

Do you have the flat pack or the squares? I don't bother to do anything with the squares, but I always keep any open flat packs in a small zip lock bag and that seems to help with the freezer burn somewhat.

angelmom

Large Fish
Dec 19, 2005
Vernon, CT
I have the squares. I don't like to feed them the blood worms to often because I heard it can cause them to become constipated but I figure once a week or so is good but it seems to get freezer burn quick.

But if they will be safe I'll continue to use them thanks.

SANND

Large Fish
Jul 20, 2005
Washington, DC
They prolly won't taste as nice...what do you store them in that they are getting freezer burn so quickly? I've had mine for a couple months in the original package and haven't had any problems. Oh, btw, you can get frozen veg squares also to help with blockage.

angelmom

Large Fish
Dec 19, 2005
Vernon, CT
I have the frozen veggie cubes and the fish love them...not as much as the blood worms. I have then in the original package in a ziplock. I have this thing about putting the open package in my freezer near the food with out the next layer.

FishLuvr

Large Fish
Jun 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa
yeah i have this thing about putting bloodworms or brine shrimp next to any of the food that i eat. so i keep them in teh freezer door, thet get freezer burn all the time, but my fish do hungrily devour them just the same.